The Tarrant Regional Water District (TRWD) has partnered with Texas Parks and Wildlife (TPW) to release trout on several dates, giving anglers an opportunity to test their fishing skills.
The first trout stocking will be Dec. 13 with a release of 1,250 fish at two locations: Trinity Park and River Park. TRWD invites residents to fish all weekend as the fish acclimate to their new waters.
Future stocking dates:
- Jan. 2, 2019 (Trinity Park) and Jan. 3 (River Park). Each location will be stocked with 1,850 trout.
- Feb. 6, 2019 (Trinity Park) and Feb. 8 (River PARK), Each location will be stocked with 1,850 trout.
- March 9, 2019, at TRWD Flyfest at River Park.
Last year, TRWD and TPW released more than 8,000 rainbow trout into the river system. The events are free to the public. Participants need a valid Texas fishing license from TPW.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Take action on your Municipal Court cases during Warrant Forgiveness Month
- TEXRail ridership exceeds 11,000 in opening weekend
- MLK memorial to be unveiled downtown
- Sales tax collections up 6.9 percent in November
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day closing schedule
- More News »
Golden Triangle Boulevard & Harmon Road Roundabout Project Meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 21, 2019; O.A. Peterson Elementary School Gym, 2000 Winter Hawk Drive.
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Civil Service Commission: 6 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; Bob Bolen Public Safety Complex, Auditorium, 505 West Felix Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76115.
View the agenda »
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; City Council Chambers, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.